What I learned from election day:
- Many American men seem to fear strong women and the loss of male privilege more than they fear nuclear war, or want their children to survive.
- Some women aid and abet them in this view.
- Although number one is not totally unexpected, it’s still depressing, and no matter how hard I try, I will never understand number two.
- Too many people find it easier to let their views be formed by television and social media, than to make the effort to process what they actually know, and draw their own conclusions.
- Even some of the most liberal media are more interested in survival at all costs than any kind of principle or truth.
- Almost half of America is made up of people who’s fear and self interest is a lot stronger force in their lives, than their sense decency and moral principle.
- As I look around at others who are as crushed as I am about what happened Tuesday, there is some (but not enough) solace in not being the only one to have learned these things.